[evince] Showing annotations

Hi,

I use evince (2.30.3 on debian 64-bit testing) every single day and am
very happy with it.

There are only two situations in which I use other tools.

(1) For creating a PostScript file that just has a selection of pages
    from the PostScript file I am viewing I still find gv more convenient.

(2) For viewing PDFs with annotations.

    At the moment I can only see these in acroread (which I have to run
    on a 32-bit machine) or okular. Both acroread and okular make it as
    inconvenient as possible to deal with annotations, although acroread
    is better than okular.

    The process I want to achieve is to be able to jump to the next (or
    previous) annotation and to have it visible, and to be able to copy
    and paste the annotation. (What I do is jump to an annotation, copy
    it into a text file and then add a comment of what I did about it:
    accepted/rejected and why.)

    With acroread this can be done by opening the Comments view.
    However, in acroread you can't copy and paste the annotation shown
    in the Comments view! You have to open a pop-up window to be able to
    do that (which is the only way to do it in okular). This makes
    dealing with annotations a really slow and painful process.

So I'm hoping that evince will do better than acroread and okular for
annotations:-)

PS I tried building from git but jhbuild wouldn't work:
$ jhbuild build evince
jhbuild build: could not download http://git.gnome.org/cgit/jhbuild/plain/modulesets/gnome-2.30.modules: HTTP Error 404: Not found

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy