Re: evince 2.32 and annotations

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 23:11 +0200, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:

> which kind of annotations supports evince-2.32?
>
> I'm very interested in rubber stamp annotations (12.5.6.12 of the PDF
> 1.7 Specification). These can contain text or images.
>
> I think it could be extremely useful for some kind of uses if evince
> allows to add self-made PDF images to the desired pages on a PDF document.
>
> Has this been implemented in evince-2.32?

At the moment, only text annotations are supported and it requires at
least poppler 0.15. Right now, you only can add annotations, change the
default properties (author, color, transparency, icon, ...), and save a
copy that can be opened with any other document viewer that supports
annotations like, of course, Acrobat Reader.

The idea is to add support for more annotation types (geometry,
highlight, file attachments, ...) in the following releases.

Cheers,

  -- Juanjo Marin