evince default settings on document viewer

Dear Evince developer:

Since I upgraded to Ubuntu 10.10 the default settings on Document Viewer make it
inconvenient to use.  I prefer the mginification to be 100% but
the default is "fit page width".  I prefer the thumbnail table of contents to be
absent and I prefer the page to fit the browser both of which are not defaults.
Every time I open a new downloaded file I need to change these settings which is
inconvenient.  Is there any way to change the defaults?  Thank you for
your help.

Julie