Re: evince [-list] segfault with Python bindings

On 11/22/2010 11:34 PM, Jose Aliste wrote:
adding:

sw = gtk.ScrolledWindow()
sw.add(e)
w.add(e)

instead of the following line:
w.add(e)

should do the work.

Thanks for the reply, Jose.

I'm afraid it didn't work, I got this message:

gnome-evince.py:11: GtkWarning: Attempting to add a widget with type EvView to a container of type GtkWindow, but the widget is already inside a container of type GtkScrolledWindow, the GTK+ FAQ at http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk-faq/stable/ explains how to reparent a widget.
  w.add(e)

And replacing w.add(e) with w.add(sw) doesn't display the PDF either.

Don't worry, I found out that the poppler-python-0.12.1 bindings are compatible with poppler-0.14.x, so I don't have to switch to a new dependency.

I am afraid there is no documentation for the bindings,

If you allow me a suggestion, how about adding a sample code that implements a basic viewer? This would help most users.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk