evince [-list] segfault with Python bindings

Hi there,

I have a small Python script that displays a PDF document thanks to the poppler Python bindings.

Since I'm moving to a Fedora 14, that includes poppler-0.14 and there are no poppler Python bindings for this version(yet), I have to use evince Python bindings.

The most basic sample I found is taken from http://blog.tomeuvizoso.net/2009/01/embedding-evince-gnome-mobile-and-gnome.html.

Tweaking it with other information found at http://efreedom.com/Question/1-3411929/Simple-Hello-World-Program-Python-Evince, I got the following:

import evince
import gtk

w = gtk.Window()

w.show()

e = evince.View()
w.add(e)
e.show_all()

docmodel = evince.DocumentModel()
doc = evince.document_factory_get_document('file:///home/ousia/a.pdf')
docmodel.set_document(doc)
e.set_model(docmodel)

gtk.main()

I'm afraid that it doesn't display the PDF file (I'm using gnome-python2-evince-2.30.0.

I should be doing something wrong, but pressing the arrow keys (Up, Down, Left and Right) leads to segmentation fault. Even if the code is wrong, I guess this is a bug.

My questions are:

How should I add the scrolled window?

Where can I find documentation (besides the Python help itself) and samples for the Python bindings for evince?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk