Re: Shortcuts for fitting the page into the window

Op zaterdag 03-07-2010 om 20:54 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Uwe
Scholz:
> All in all I have to admit, that evince is also a very good pdf viewer
> with nice features. :) But in respect to xpdf a miss two really time
> saving features for users like me who don't like to use the mouse very
> often: A keyboard shortcut for fitting the pdf into the window, either
> only its width or both the width and the height.
>
> In xpdf, fitting the page width into the window is 'w' and the shortcut
> for fitting the hole page is 'z'. Are there any plans to include those
> shortcuts in evince? I think it would be a great improvement for people
> using evince as the default pdf viewer! As far as the menu items for the
> desired fitting options are already there, it must be easy to include
> also the associated keyboard shortcuts.

Evince uses the standard GTK+ menus, so you can (temporarily) enable the
gtk-can-change-accels feature to change shortcuts. The GConf key for
this is /desktop/gnome/interface/can_change_accels.

Now, if you hover over menu items, you can change the keybinding by
pressing a new key combo.

    — Wouter