Re: Evince Windows Dev

Hi Pat and Cory,

please see comments inline.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Pat Suwalski <pat suwalski net> wrote:
> Hi Cory,
>
> Evince uses the Poppler library to actually render the display area.
> Embedding Evince itself sounds tricky. You might like to ask on the Poppler
> list whether such a thing is possible, since Poppler is a library.

In fact, evince is designed as an application who uses  two libraries
libview and libdocument, the libdocument library implementing
different backends (among the pdf backend which uses poppler), and
libview providing a reutilizable GtkWidget called  EvView that you can
embed in every Gtk application. So, if you can code your application
using Gtk in Windows (It should be doable, but this is not the right
mailing list for asking how to do this) then you could try to embed
the EvView Widget in your application (doing this in Linux is quite
easy, it should be easy after you know how to use Visual studio or
other compiler in Windows, but again, this is not the right mailing
list to ask this). As I think most probably you are not using Gtk to
develop your app, maybe poppler would suit you better.

Please,  keep in mind that Poppler and Evince are GPL licensed.

Greetings,

José