Re: [evince] Donation of 5 Feitian PKI smartcards

Hi Jean-Michel,

2010/12/19 Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE <jmpoure gooze eu>:
> Dear all,
>
> Signing PDF documents or verifying signatures is an important feature in
> today's PDF usage. We would really love to see this feature implemented
> together with PKCS#11 support (i.e. smartcards).
>
> In the event that it would serve the Evince community, GOOZE is happy to
> donate 5 Feitian PKI smartcards for development.
>
> The Feitian PKI smarcard uses the OpenSC free software framework and is
> a reference smartcard for GNU/Linux, Mac OS X and Win***.
>
> This card has nice features:
> * PIN code security.
> * Support ISO 7816 features.
> * Support RSA keys up to 2048bit.
> * Support standard X.509 v3 certificates.
> * On-board DES, 3DES, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, RSA 1024,RSA 2048 algorithms.
> * PKCS#11 interface to existing security infrastructures.
> * High performance smart card chip built-in.
> * Hardware random number generator.
> * 64KB data space.
>
> To apply for a free smartcard:
> http://www.gooze.eu/feitian-pki-free-software-developer-card
>
> Read our OpenSC tutorial:
> http://www.gooze.eu/howto/smartcard-quickstarter-guide
>
> Kind regards,
> --
>                  Jean-Michel Pouré - Gooze - http://www.gooze.eu

Thank you very much for your offer. This may certainly help adding
smart card support to open source projects.

Just one question, as I understand it, you would need both a smart
card itself and a smart card _reader_ to use it. Is the reader also
included in this offer?
(I do not want to sound ungrateful, just making sure I do not order a
card I cannot use)

Regards,

Hib Eris