Re: Suggestion for Evince - your pdf reader

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 15:22 -0400, Thomas Post wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for a great program.  I am curious if it possible to add a
> function.  It would be so great if you could add a highlighter   like
> in OpenOffice Word Processor and a sticky note.   This would be very
> convenient as I like to store my docs as pdfs, but it would be great
> to highlight text that is important and/or to leave a note on the
> document as a reminder the next time it is opened up.  Any chances
> that could happen?  Or do you know away that it is already being done?

Thomas,

Carlos García Campos has been working hard on adding PDF annotations to
Evince. The version 2.32 will be able to add new Text annotations
(sort-of sticky notes in PDF parlance). You can test it if you compile
Evince from master git. BTW, current stable version 2.30 is able to read
previously stored annotations, implemented by Carlos and based on the
Google SoC work by Iñigo Martínez.

We expect to add highlights annots too in the near future, but I can't
tell you when it will be implemented, maybe on Evince 3.0.

Thanks for your interest on Evince,

  -- Juanjo Marin