Re: Print Output Scaling.

On 28/04/10 11:48 AM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
On 04/28/2010 11:34 AM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
Sometimes you want this. Sometimes you don't - if your document is
formatted at 8.5"x11", sometimes you want it to print at exactly the
right scale (100%) onto 8.5"x11" paper, with the edges trimmed off
(where printing is impossible).

evince should offer a choice. It does not, currently. Which is sad :-(

Just to clarify, I think evince would need to crop the page to the
printable area (lopping off the hardware margins), and shift the
remaining area (+x, +y) inside the hardware margins.

My experience (with PostScript) is that the printer just wouldn't print in the areas where it cannot.

--Pat