Re: Print Output Scaling.

On 28/04/10 11:10 AM, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
Excerpts from Pat Suwalski's message of mié abr 28 16:36:18 +0200 2010:
Hi guys,

This one's been bugging me for a while, so I want to know that it's not
just something I'm doing.

If I have a PDF with 0.5" margins, when I print it from Preview.app and
from Adobe Reader, I get proper margins.

When I print it from Evince, the margins get larger, the content gets
scaled.

I'm at a loss to explain it, but I know it happens on all of my
computers and printers between work and home.

Any ideas? Perhaps this is a Poppler question.

What evince version?

Debian unstable: Evince 2.28.2 + HP LaserJet/hpijs
Ubuntu 9.10: Evince 2.28.1 + Samsung ML2100

Another observation is that if I use Preview.app or pdf2ps to convert to PostScript, and then print that from Evince, the print is proper. I don't know if pushing PostScript through gets dumped directly to CUPS, but it works.

--Pat