Re: Makefile.vc?

Hi Cobra,

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 8:02 PM, cobra.yu <cobra yu hyweb com tw> wrote:

>      I'm impressed by the stability of Evince for M$ Win32(2.30.msi has been installed on my Win7) and try to build the Win32 version, but nothing like makefile.vc exists! I think, there should be a makefile.vc or something like that, am I wrong? Could someone show to the way? Many thanx.

A makefile.vc does NOT exist. The distributed windows binaries for
Evince are build on Linux using a cross compiler. In theory, building
Evince on the windows platform can be as easy as:

$ ./configure
$ make

But in practice, this depends on having installed all the right build
tools and dependencies. Because those are not as easily available on
Windows as the are on Linux, I choose to cross compile on Linux. I
have never tried building Evince on Windows, but if you are
determined, I am sure it can be done. All you will need to do is
figure out how to install/build the dependencies. At least, you will
need:

- Msys and Mingw compiler
- pkgconfig
- Gtk and it's dependencies
- Poppler (for PDF support)

I would suggest to start with getting a simple GTK program working
first. When that works, you know you have a working msys/mingw and
gtk. Then, getting Evince to compile should be easy.

Hib