GSoC 2009 - CHM support

Hi everybody,

My name is Eddy Zavaleta, an student from ESCOM/IPN (National
Polytechnic Institute), which is in Mexico City, Mexico.

I want to participate in GSoC 2009, I would like to get involved with
the evince project, specifically the idea of adding support for CHM
files at http://live.gnome.org/Evince/SupportedDocumentFormats.

I would like to know the opinion of the dev team and community.

The advantage of implementing this idea is to replace an other
document viewer (xCHM, GnoCHM, ...) and have CHM support out of the
box on the GNOME Desktop.

I think this can be accomplish using Jed Wing's CHMLIB C library
instead of the python binding (PyCHM) to keep less dependencies.

Thanks!

Regards,
Eddy Zavaleta