Re: Suggestion for improving search speed?

El mar, 23-06-2009 a las 21:23 +0200, Bartosz Kostrzewa escribió:
> Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
>  > EvJobFind doesn't use the worker thread, it's a EV_JOB_RUN_MAIN_LOOP
> > which means that it runs in the main thread.
> >
> [...]
> >
> > ev_find_job_run is run by the main loop, so it should be fast since we
> > don't want to block the UI.
> >

> Is there a specific reason why it can't be launched as an
> EV_JOB_RUN_THREAD?

yes, it makes easier (and faster) emit the signal find_update from
ev_job_find_run(). And it allows running another thread job at the same
time. Note that the callback for find_update will update the UI, so it
can't run on a thread other than the main one.

> > hmm, I think it'd probably better trying to improve the poppler code
> > first. If you need help with the poppler code, feel free to ask in
> > poppler mailing list (or irc #poppler in freenode)
>
> I see. On the other hand I suppose it would be worthwhile to do both for
> maximum performance benefit.

Yes, sure, but I'm quite sure that if poppler side is fast enough,
current evince code is good enough too.