Re: chm support

excerpt from http://live.gnome.org/Evince/SupportedDocumentFormats

      * CHM
        (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Compressed_HTML_Help).
        There is already a python library that could be used:
        http://gnochm.sourceforge.net/pychm.html It's part of gnochm, a
        python gnome app to open this types of files. It would be great
        if evince could use this library to support chm files which are
        popular for help guides and ebooks.
      *
      * JoachimNoreiko: Shaun will probably hate me for saying this, but
        wouldn't CHM be more logically handled by Yelp?
      *
              * The reason I see why support for CHM would be nice in
                Evince is because there are ebooks around in this
                format. And Yelp is there to get help with your software
                - and I don't see that many relevant help files in CHM
                for Linux software...--Speckmade

Maybe it's better to know the opinion of the Evince Team
http://live.gnome.org/Evince/Team

If you want to hack evince, check this page:

http://live.gnome.org/Evince/GettingEvince

-- Juanjo