Re: Problem opening file -- Ubuntu 9.04

Brett Alton wrote:
> The only way I could get the website to render the PHP code to create
> the on-the-fly PDF was to have Adobe Reader installed. I installed
> 'acroread' through the Ubuntu partner and it seemed to work.
>
> However, I love evince and want to use evince so I'm wondering how I
> can debug this situation.

Mozplugger has support for embedding evince in firefox. Unfortunately it
can only do so for one instance. (I presume due to the multithreaded
nature of evince). There are also problems when you have evince running
and mozplugger attempts to launch an embedded instance. It works well in
all other situations.

Attached is the mozpluggerrc I use so that mozplugger is only used for
pdfs and postscript files. (well, and dvi because I often read
scientific papers, but for that I use xdvi)

The mimetype you mention is specifically included.

-Bartek
# Configure file for MozPlugger 1.10
# Version: January 4, 2008
#
# Commands which are not installed on your system will not be used.
#
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.
#
#
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111, USA.

###################
### m4 macros   ###
###################

changequote([,])

### Helpers

#define(ENABLE_HELPERS)

ifdef([ENABLE_HELPERS],[
  define(HELPER,[nokill noisy: $1])
],[
  define(HELPER,[])
])

application/pdf:pdf:PDF file
application/x-pdf:pdf:PDF file
text/pdf:pdf:PDF file
text/x-pdf:pdf:PDF file
	repeat noisy swallow(evince) fill: evince "$file"

application/x-dvi:dvi:DVI file
	repeat swallow(xdvi) fill: xdvi -safer -hush -geometry +9000+9000 "$file"

application/x-postscript:ps:PostScript file
application/postscript:ps:PostScript file
	repeat noisy swallow(evince) fill: evince "$file"