Re: problem

fudmer rieley wrote:
>Today I tired to open a pdf file from the IRS and it
> changed everything on my set up

Could you elaborate on this? There might be an interesting bug hidden in
there. What do you mean it "changed everything"? Compared to what?

As a fix to your problem, try this:

I'm assuming you're referring to opening documents from firefox (as you
seem to imply using the "Browse..." function in the "open with" dialog.

1) In nautilus navigate to a pdf file of your choice, right click and
open the "properties" dialog. Select the "Open With" tab and choose
"Document Viewer" there (that's gnome's 'understandable' alias for
evince and other document viewers).

2) Try opening a pdf from the web now. If firefox is working correctly
it will automatically use the setting you've just made above and provide
evince as the default file handler. If it isn't, click browse and type
/usr/bin/evince in the filechooser.