Re: left-mouse button for grab and drag

> Why can't this be set globally in addition to individual selections?
> If the user does not choose grab-n-drag mode for individual documents,
> the behavior can default to global settings.

Well, the global default is MB 1: select, MB2 (middle): drag. Setting a
different global default would require the introduction of another
configuration file (as only print settings and the layout of the toolbar
buttons are stored globally in evince).

All other options are stored per-document, so it makes sense to remain
consistent with this practice. I personally agree with you that there
should be user-configurable global defaults [for all options] and
per-document settings, but the original authors and the gnome "mindset"
have the final say on this.

I'm simply asking for the opinions of major developers before I invest
the time to patch this.

-Bartek