Can I set default print options?

I am using Evince 0.6.0 and would like to set some default print options--namely I want two-sided (long edge) printing to be the default. Is there a way to do this?

I know 0.6.0 is ancient, but the newest version requires other GNOME prerequisites and I don't have root on this machine. If a newer version of Evince will allow me to do this, I can see if I can upgrade, but the last time I went down the road of installing user copies of updated GNOME libraries the results were disappointing (hours spent downloading and building all the prerequisites, followed by system instability).