Re: AA on Evince

Hi!

> to me, this looks antialiased already (but I'm not a font rendering
> connaisseur). If you had no antialiasing, wouldn't it would look UGLY?
> For some reason though, Acroread always seem to have antialiasing in a
> slightly different way. I'm curious why.

You are right. I think it might have to do with hinting and
subpixel-rendering. And I guess - but did not test - that poppler
(splash) might give a better result in this case, as I read somewhere
about a bug in poppler(cairo) which causes cairo to override the system
setting for antialiasing/hinting.

Ciao,
Olaf