Error compiling evince 2.20 on ubuntu feisty

Hi all,

I am trying to compile evince 2.20 on my system. After
a lot of effort installing many many missing libs, i
finally completed ./configure successfully. But I am
running into the following error in make.

"""
Making all in po
make[2]: Entering directory
`/media/disk/evince-2.20.0/po'
file=`echo ar | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
          && rm -f $file &&  -o $file ar.po
/bin/sh: -o: not found
make[2]: *** [ar.gmo] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/media/disk/evince-2.20.0/po'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/disk/evince-2.20.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2

"""

Any idea what this is? I see that the po files are
just text files. But i have no idea what they are for

Thanks in advance

Haynes

      Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php