Re: is evince blurring embedded jpgs/pictures?

2008/7/14 Pat Suwalski <pat suwalski net>:
> I believe Evince bases its 100% size on the DPI setting of your monitor. You
> might like to see if that setting looks correct as listed in
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

I corrected the DPI settings on both of my Laptops (117dpi on 15"
SXGA+, 145 on 12" SXGA+) but the blurring and wrong zoom-levels
remain.
Besides evince only Adobe Acrobat does the same mistake on the zoom-level.
xpdf, kpdf and okular do it right, its easy to tell since the
pages/images all have 1000 pixels width.

>> Maybe this blurring is intentional?
>
> If the DPI setting is not correct, and it's not at 100%, perhaps it is
> scaling the image. A scaled and antialiased image at 99% might look like
> what you showed in the sample.

I dont think so because the other pdf-viewers produce a sharper image
at any zoom-level.

Is this blurring maybe cairo's antialiasing?
I also observed some other PDFs which get no antialiasing at all but i
have no idea why (they are scanned books as well).

Sascha