Printing large files

Hi,
Just lately I've had a dreadful time printing large pdf files, or rather
not being able to print them.  Even ones I used to be able to print
before.  Now it might not be evince, but before you dismiss this report,
let me say I resorted (reluctantly) to installing acrobat.  Actually
it's quite nice (apart from the license gulp), but the point is it
prints OK, and evince doesn't.  I'm using Fedora 8 on a PC and laptop,
so can suggest that the problem is not specific to the computer
hardware.  My printer is attached via a network router though (in case
that means anything).

My guess is the problem is down to the resolution which evince sends to
the printer.  In Acrobat you set the dpi, but evince has no such
settings - in fact there are no preferences at all.  Perhaps it can be
done at command line?  Anyway, I thought I should let people know in
case anyone else has the problem.

Hope evince can catch up with acrobat soon!

Jacek