Re: PDF from firefox

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 15:52 -0500, Gideon Alon wrote:

> Hi,
> I seem to have lost the option to simply click a PDF link in firefox
> and have it open automatically with evince (2.20 on FC7). When I look
> at the
> way firefox handles file types, PDF is not an option at all, and I
> can't add a file type in that
> list either (Edit>Prefernces>Content in FF). I think that before I
> updated to 2.20 (had 0.83 that came with FC7), it simply opened
> automatically the PDF links.

This is a bit of a long shot, but you could try moving your firefox
profile out of the way ( close firefox first ):

mv .mozilla/firefox .mozilla/firefox_BAK

and then starting firefox and seeing if that fixes things. If not, move
the profile back:

mv .mozilla/firefox_BAK .mozilla/firefox

I've repeatedly had this type of problem with firefox / thunderbird.
They're both horrible at integrating with the desktop with respect to
file-type associations. I switched from thunderbird to evolution because
of this.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer