Question regarding printing range

Greetings to you developers...thanks for a slick product...I do have a question, however...

I'm not sure where this question falls...perhaps to the underlying print architecture, or in evince itself...

I'm trying to print pages from a PDF using evince.  I am attempting to print certain pages.  When I place these pages in the print range text box, the pages end up being printed in numerical order rather than the order they are in the text box...

For instance, when I'm trying to print the following pages in the following order, I enter "48, 1, 46, 3" in the range box.

The printer, however, ends up printing the pages in the following order "1, 3, 46, 48"

Strange huh?  Is this a "feature" or is it reasonable to expect the order in the range box should be the order in which the pages are printed?

Just curious.

Bryan Stenson