Re: Not Supported Format: PCL

Hi again!

I don't know anything about PCL/GL2 format, isn't it possible to convert
from PCL/GL2 to PostScript?

Well... I don't know in this moment... but I think that this translation is not very difficult.

PS is a language based on text. For example: (texto) show.
PCL is "binary". All commands are delimitated by a character (The "Ec", that I think that is the 0x0B but I'm not quite sure now). Despite the PCL is binary, it is only a little more difficult to read that PS. And they are very similar in some cases.

It is curious, because the two languages I need to show are PS and PCL. But there are some good PS viewers (evince, gv) but no one of PCL.

I suggest you to take a look at pdf and ps backends. Feel free to ask us
any question you have, here in this list or on IRC (irc.gnome.org
#evince)
I already did it. But I have a very big problem: I can't understand the architecture of evince. �Can you give me a little "how to begin"?

I have began to think that it is easier for me to build a PCL2DVI converter, and to use a DVI viewer. Maybe this can be a first step for the PCL plugin for Evince. �What's your opinion?

Thank you again

--
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?