Re: usability suggestion for evince

(Posting to evince-list, setting reply-to to that list as well)

2007-08-23 klockan 22:28 skrev Jeff Carr:
> On 07/12/07 00:52, Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:
> > 2007-07-12 klockan 04:31 skrev Jeff Carr:
> >> Here is a 2 cent suggestion/opinion: It would be more useful to have
> >> the mouse wheel zoom in and out rather than just scroll up and down.

> > Try Ctrl-mousewheel... this works in other applications as well, e.g.
> > Epiphany, eog, and Gimp.

> That's not something people try. No one figures that out or tries it.
> I suggest the google map UI route.

That would render the main function of the scrollwheel, namely scrolling,
completely useless. I think your suggestion is by far less obvious for a
casual user than the current approach. Additionally, the main interface
interaction with a map is picking a point/area and zooming in/out on that
point/area, not panning. For a document viewing application the main user
interaction involves scrolling/panning, not zooming.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

no narcotics in my brain :: can make this go away          -- porcupine tree