"To Scroll a Page" error

Evince developers,

An important feature of Evince is the ability to scroll a page by clicking on the image and dragging the cursor. This feature is not currently working on our version of Evince (we have never seen it work). We assumed Evince supported this feature, and the Evince Help Documentation appears to state this is the case (in Evince - Help - Contents - Usage);

3.3 To Scroll a Page
* Drag the display area in the opposite direction to the direction in which you want to scroll. For example, to scroll down the page, drag the display area upwards in the window.

We are using Fedora Core 5, Kernel 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5, Evince version 0.5.1. Could you possibly provide a reason why this may not be working? Do you recommend any steps we might take to enable this feature?

By the way Evince is the most efficient renderer of detailed PDF pages on the Linux platform we have found - well done - it far exceeds Adobe's acroread 7 for this purpose. I am very impressed with the way it caches a snapshot of the document at a given zoom level - unlike acroread.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Richard Baxter