Help Opening PDF

Hello list, I hope someone here might be able to answer a couple of questions. I did not see anything in the FAQ addressing my issue.

I am trying to open a PDF. Specifically http://scouts.ca/media/documents/ScoutsAR0506.pdf. When I attempt to open it in Evince I get prompted for a password. I can however open it in Adobe Reader without need of a password. I thought that the PDF format was open now so I am confused.

I know you need passwords for encrypted content, and obviously even with an open format you can't open an encrypted file without the password. So why can't evince open this file without the password?

cheers,
darryl moore