Re: PDF Icon Overlay.

Dan Winship wrote:
But does it add anything? You can see from the thumbnail that it's a document. Who (other than the marketing department at Adobe) cares that it's specifically a PDF document, especially since it will be displayed using exactly the same viewer whether it's pdf, ps, or dvi?

What if it's a JPEG? You can't tell if evince rendered the thumbnail or eog/nautilus did. It was never a problem because no other programs rendered thumbnails until recently (gimp being the notable exception).

What if it's the planned PPT? I want that opening with OpenOffice and I want to know it's not a PDF.

Yes, I know there are filename extensions, but it seems Nautilus doesn't require them, and I do occasionally get a file without one.

Anyway, my point is that browsing through a folder full of PNGs, SVGs, and PDFs, they don't stand out like they used to. it takes more time to find them.

--Pat