Re: PDF Icon Overlay.

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 23:43 -0400, Pat Suwalski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Like others, I find it unfortunate that we can't use the little loopy
> Adobe PDF icon over the generated nautilus icons.

Yup.

> So, I simply reverted the patch that removes the PDF icon, and set the
> opacity up to full:
>
> 	http://pat.suwalski.net/gnome/evince-thumbnailer-good.png
>
> The patch to apply is here:
>
> 	http://pat.suwalski.net/gnome/evince-thumbnailer-pat.diff
>
> The icon (pdf-icon.png) is here:
>
> 	http://pat.suwalski.net/gnome/evince-thumbnailer-icon.png
>
> As well as the source XCF should it need adjustment:
>
> 	http://pat.suwalski.net/gnome/evince-thumbnailer-icon.xcf
>
> Theoretically this could go into a possible 0.4.1 since the code was
> already tested and pulled at last minute. In other words, 2.12 need not
> lack this good feature for long.

I'm wondering if this is the right approach, though.  I'm okay with us
doing this for the 2.12 branch, but the little text icon isn't themed at
all.  This seems to be a flaw in the overall nautilus thumbnailer
approach, and should probably be fixed there.

> Can we generate thumbnails for things like DVI? If so, I could go ahead
> and update the thumbnailer for that too.

That should be doable.

Thanks,
-Jonathan