Re: PDF Icon Overlay.

Jonathan Blandford wrote:
I'm wondering if this is the right approach, though.  I'm okay with us
doing this for the 2.12 branch, but the little text icon isn't themed at
all.  This seems to be a flaw in the overall nautilus thumbnailer
approach, and should probably be fixed there.

I considered this, but it doesn't really have to look like all the other icons since the generated thumbnail itself looks different than the themed document "sheets" in icons.

Obviously, the loopy Adobe icon worked well because it didn't have anything that mattered with theme, it was more subtle. But just the letters "PDF" seem fairly generic and theme independent too. I think this works, at least, as you say, for the time being.

It would be interesting if Nautilus could use a themable set of overlays to put over thumbnails of PDFs, JPEGs, PNGs, etc... wouldn't even be that hard to implement...

--Pat