Re: Please re-add the statusbar

Il giorno mer, 26/10/2005 alle 12.57 +0400, Nickolay V. Shmyrev ha
scritto:
> В Вск, 18/09/2005 в 16:18 +0200, Luca Ferretti пишет:
> > Trying the HEAD version, it seems that the statusbar was removed.
> >
> > So, why?
> >
> > Of course the current loading-text rendered directly on page is really
> > better then the progressbar in stable branch, but IMHO the statusbar is
> > still useful to resize window (using the corner grip) and to show menu
> > items tips to the user (this could be very helpful for a lot of users).
> >
> > If the statusbar was removed just to gain more space for the page, view,
> > please let the users will chose it by View->Statusbar :-)
> >

> Hello Luca.
>
> Sorry for late reply, this mail was floating in my mbox and I constantly
> think about it. Just wanna say "me too" :) I think currently it's
> impossible to do so. But let's hope some days truth will win.

Forgot to mention: statusbar can also used to show if the document has
security features. Well, maybe I should follow Adobe and say "special
status or special features"

Adode Acrobat Reader has "Document Status icons are always located at
the bottom-left corner of the document window". Try to use it to open
encrypted document.