Re: Expand/Collapse All feature

Brent Smith <gnome nextreality net> writes:

> This seems to work for each top-level entry, but what about collapsing
> all the top level entries?  The j2ee tutorial has something like 35
> chapters...
>
> If nothing else, how about a gconf key to control whether or not to
> start with all the top-level entries expanded or collapsed?  I can
> understand wanting to keep the UI minimal.

I'd rather try for some heuristic here.  Maybe only expand if there are
a few (like the PDF ref), and cap it if there are more than 10.

Also, two other comments.  It seems like there's a bug with GTK+-HEAD,
as it isn't expanding by default when building against 2.7.0.
Additionally, the cool type-ahead feature in the location entry against
GTK+-HEAD means that the index is slightly less important.

Thanks,
-Jonathan