Re: Dual page mode was Re: sizing patch

David Malcolm <dmalcolm redhat com> writes:

> Some thoughts on dual page mode:
> - perhaps reduce the spacing between the left and right pages, maybe to
> nothing, since in a bound paper form of such a document they would abut.
> Not sure about this.

I like a little bit of space.  You do have a little bit of space in
books -- there is certainly a visual shadow when looking at one.

> - dual thumbnail mode?  this would mean going from :
> |[] 1|
> |[] 2|
> |[] 3|
> |[] 4|
> |[] 5|
> |[] 6|
>
> to:
> |      [] 1|
> | 2 [] [] 3|
> | 4 [] [] 5|
> | 6 []     |
> in the thumbnail view.  Again, not sure of this.

Instead of that, I was thinking that just going to a GtkIconView.  I'm
not fully convinced of this, though -- I think the list appearance is
actually quite clean.

> Do we (and can we) respect "verso" vs "recto" pages? (in the dual page
> mode, and in the suggested dual thumbnail mode)  What about the various
> backends?

PDFs can indicate this, and poppler exports it, iirc.  I haven't added
support for it in ev-view yet.  It shouldn't be that hard to do, though.

-Jonathan