Re: ephy-profile-migrator crashing

I think the mmaps are probably unrelated.

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 11:51 pm, Braden McDaniel <braden endoframe com> wrote:
Looks like it's time to compile epiphany from source.

Do me a favor and save a backup copy of your old profile directory, so that you can reproduce the problem.

If you're willing to compile from source, you can work around the problem by opening ephy-profile-migrator.c, searching for EphyProfileMigrator migrators[], and then removing all the migrators other than migrate_bookmarks and migrate_bookmarks_timestamp... assuming the bug is not one of those migrators.

If you want to go above and beyond, you can "bisect" the problem by removing half the migrators and seeing if the problem goes away. If not, remove the other half of the migrators. That should narrow down the list of suspect migrators by half. Then do so again with the remaining suspect migrators, and repeat... it should only take a few steps to pinpoint exactly which migrator is causing the fd leak. Then we'll have a somewhat better chance of guessing what's wrong.