Re: WebApps functionality

Well you must have some appstream metadata, or the web app will not appear in GNOME Software. But Epiphany itself never looks at the appstream metadata. I would completely ignore that page of the spec because none of that metadata will be used for anything.

If you want web apps to have more features... well, I'm not working on it myself, but patches welcome. What most users would be interested in is not appstream, though, but Web App Manifest from https://www.w3.org/TR/appmanifest/. Not all of the fields in that spec would make sense for Epiphany, but probably some could be supported. The question would be: how would installation work?

Ideally, before putting more effort into web apps, which are semi-dead due to the lack of flatpak support, we would figure out how to make them work in flatpak. What we need is a sort of replication portal to allow apps to install and delete different versions of themselves.

Michael