Re: Fwd: WebDriver automation in Epiphany

Thanks for the reply Michael. When will Epiphany support web automation though? From my understanding, the browser itself should allow web automation in order for it ti be controlled by the WebDriver. For example it should set the webkit_web_context_set_automation_allowed (https://github.com/WebKit/webkit/blob/9029c43e695bf886fffb15eec951f0605e34509b/Source/WebKit/UIProcess/API/glib/WebKitWebContext.cpp#L657) as is done in the MiniBrowser (https://github.com/WebKit/webkit/blob/4ebd14639070dc46124d870d7583ed05a6511ff8/Tools/MiniBrowser/wpe/main.cpp#L179)

Best,
Moe

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 8:22 PM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro igalia com> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 11:14 AM, MC Moe via epiphany-list
<epiphany-list gnome org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering whether you are planning to support web automation
> via the WebKitGTK Driver. This would allows to drive the Epiphany
> browser via Selenium (at least using a python client as it is the
> only implementation to date implemented for WebKitGTK in Selenium)
>
> The only information I can find is in this blog post
> https://blogs.igalia.com/carlosgc/2017/09/09/webdriver-support-in-webkitgtk-2-18/
> over a year old that mentions next steps of such support.
>
> Any insights?
>
> Best,
> Moe

We're planning to create a separate EpiphanyDriver. No ETA on that as
of yet. In the meantime, the web content rendering of WebKitWebDriver
should be very close to Epiphany.

Michael