Re: Fwd: WebDriver automation in Epiphany

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 11:14 AM, MC Moe via epiphany-list <epiphany-list gnome org> wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering whether you are planning to support web automation via the WebKitGTK Driver. This would allows to drive the Epiphany browser via Selenium (at least using a python client as it is the only implementation to date implemented for WebKitGTK in Selenium)

The only information I can find is in this blog post https://blogs.igalia.com/carlosgc/2017/09/09/webdriver-support-in-webkitgtk-2-18/ over a year old that mentions next steps of such support.

Any insights?

Best,
Moe

We're planning to create a separate EpiphanyDriver. No ETA on that as of yet. In the meantime, the web content rendering of WebKitWebDriver should be very close to Epiphany.

Michael