Re: How does Epiphany retrieve passwords from libsecret?

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 10:02 AM, Nicolas Petton <nicolas petton fr> wrote:
I thought that this would be enough for Epiphany to pick up my
passwords, but it doesn't seem to do the trick. Does Epiphany store
somewhere else information about stored passwords?  Maybe a boolean to
know if a password was saved for a domain?

Hi,

That should work for most passwords, but there are also WebKitGTK+ HTTP authentication passwords, which are stored using the deprecated network password schema, so they're not associated with any application. I know this is unfortunate. We haven't figured out any good way to associate those passwords with Epiphany.

If you're having trouble getting the org.epiphany.FormPassword passwords, you might be interested in Epiphany's code to do so [1]. If Epiphany can enumerate the passwords then you can too! Hope that helps.

Note: the storage schema is likely to change in 3.26 to accommodate some new information needed for Firefox Sync support. Users will be migrated automatically but you'll need to adjust your script for it. That code has not landed yet, so don't worry about it until later.

Michael

[1] https://git.gnome.org/browse/epiphany/tree/src/passwords-dialog.c