Re: Upcoming UI changes

於 週二,2016-10-11 於 08:57 -0500,Michael Catanzaro 提到:
Hi,

On Tue, 2016-10-11 at 18:43 +0800, 藍挺瑋 wrote:

I think it is bad to show only the domain.

OK, enough people have complained about this aspect of the mockup
that
I have no plans to implement it.

Is it possible to keep the web page title shown in the header bar?
Most
desktop browsers show the title at the top of the window or using
it
as
the window title. It will be nice if Epiphany can keep this feature
because the URL is not always readable or useful.

I don't think so, there's not really any room for page title anymore.
Where would it go? Are page titles really important? I don't miss it
at
all.

I still like the old title box that packs the title and the URL in the
header bar because the URL usually provides less information to users
than the web page title. The old title box design is consistent with
other applications such as Evince and Gedit.

I am not sure why it had to flicker between the title box and the
entry. If the reason was that we could not know the title immediately
after it starts loading, can we show only the URL when the title is not
available like what Evince does when opening a PDF file without title,
and switch back to title and URL once the title is loaded?

Moving important functions such as viewing page source to the