Re: Memory use in 2.22 with WebKitGTK 2.14

On Tue, 2016-10-25 at 10:01 +1100, Michael Gratton wrote:
On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 12:57 AM, Michael Catanzaro
<mcatanzaro igalia com> wrote:
OK some good news: don't bother! I'm told that you're expected to
see
significantly higher memory use with a hidpi display, but it
shouldn't
be this much. One of our engineers looked at this over the weekend
and
found a problem that's causing excess memory use. For now you can
use
WEBKIT_DISABLE_COMPOSITING_MODE as a workaround. Once 2.14.2 comes
out
(I don't know when that will be) and you've had a chance to
upgrade,
please let us know how much of an improvement you see.

FYI: this is still a work in progress, sorry.

Michael