Re: Hardware acceleration with gstreamer1-vaapi and html5 video

On 12/24/16 at 12:16pm, Gianvito Cavasoli wrote:

A small update: in Wayland session "radeonsi" works well. The issue
remains with Xorg session :)

However, there is a small problem with Wayland, if i dont use the
environment variable "LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=radeonsi" driver "gallium" is
loaded, but this is an error, with Mesa 13 Gallium has been replaced
with radeonsi.

Maybe i've to report this to gstreamer-vaapi bugzilla?

Yes, please.

But the fact that it works in Wayland but not in X makes me thing that the
problem perhaps relies in the driver.

Can you run this pipeline?

gst-play-1.0 any-video.avi --videosink=xvimagesink

A problem which I don't know how to solve right now, is that I don't have a
radeon card available to test gstreamer-vaapi. I need to think how to solve
it.

vmjl

Regards