Zotero and GNOME Web

Hello, list!

Epiphany used to be my primary browser until it entered beta ("not google beta, but an honest beta") because of the move to WebKit. Every time there's a new release I try Epiphny again, but one thing that holds me from moving back is the lack of integration with Zotero.

Zotero is the most prominent free and open source software for bibliographic reference management. It was created as an add-on for Firefox, but there's a standalone version as well. The standalone version can be integrated with Safari, Chrome and even Firefox with browser-specific extensions, and both the Firefox add-on and the standalone versions can be integrated with LibreOffice (or Word) and, through exporting, to LaTeX.

There's also a _javascript_ bookmarklet, which currently can be used in Web (or any other browser) to extract metadata from the current page and send it to a remote (cloud-based) database, which latter can be synchronized with the local database. That's not quite a swift workflow, and currently I don't use the bookmarklet even when I read something in a mobile device (with no Zotero at all).

So I would like to know if someone who does know how to write code would like to consider writing a Web extension to make it talk with the standalone version of Zotero. It seems to me that Zotero's web site has ample documentation for developers, and the Safari (and probably Chrome) extension is already written in _javascript_.

Thanks in advance,

and please keep coming with the cool features and bright design decisions I have been seeing for the last years.

Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle
http://lattes.cnpq.br/9234772336296638