Compiling Extension code

Hi,

We're working on an Epiphany extension as part of a course in college, and we're having trouble figuring out how to compile code and use it in Epiphany. We realize that things are changing with Epiphany, and that extensions are going to be phased out, but we're still doing this project at least for class credit.

We started out simply, and just tried to make a simple change to an extension that already exists. We ran the Configure.ac file after making some changes to the code, and it didn't seem to do anything. We can't find documentation on how to do this, so any direction would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Brian