Re: Epiphany and Sync (in relation to GSoC)

>> I am a student looking to participate in GSoC, I saw the Sync for
>> Epiphany section of http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2012/Ideas and
>> was quite interested. For starters, do you intend to do the sync like
>> Firefox and Chrome (in the browser), or to use Conduit, or something
>> else? I really like the ideas behind Conduit, but when I tried a
>> little while ago to do stuff with it, it didn't work for me...
>
> I think part of the project is to figure this out in detail, but the
> way I see it we have to main options:
>
> - Start with something done just in the browser, like Firefox or
> Chrome, possibly (but not sure yet) using the spec Mozilla wrote for
> data sync (see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Services/Sync)

So what would the in browser sync be capable of syncing from/to? It
could be directly integrated in to Mozilla's sync system?

> - Try to do this globally in GNOME as a service, that perhaps at first
> could only deal with the browser data.
> This will for sure be harder, since you'll have to convince a bunch of
> people about how to go about it, but I think long-term it is the way
> to go.

How does this differ from Conduit? It can already sync bookmarks (or
at least thats what the gui suggests, I am yet to test it) from
Firefox and Google and from and to Nautilus. Surely doing something
with this framework would be far more powerful and flexible?

Thanks,

Chris