history dropdown menus are gone

I installed Epiphany 3.3.3 today and was disappointed to find that the history dropdown buttons on the toolbar are gone. They apparently vanished here:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/epiphany/commit/?id=ebbb1c48197f53b98575b0cb4f6d9fa1e4535abc

I used these buttons all the time, especially the one for going back. When surfing through Web pages, I often follow a false lead or tangent for a few pages, then want to jump back a few pages to where I was before. Furthermore, some evil Web pages won't let you go back, and a multi-page back button is extremely useful for jumping back past these.

Questions:

1. I know that Epiphany is evolving toward a new design (http://live.gnome.org/Design/Apps/Web). In the new design will there be some way to jump back a few pages?

2. In general, before we remove features that existing Epiphany users may use and love, could we discuss the proposed changes on this mailing list?

adam