struggling with a simple gstreamer streaming issue with epiphany

Hi,
this is a simplified version of a question related to a blocking issue of a bigger problem. Any help will be more than appreciated.

I'm trying to stream from a source, let's use videotestsrc, in a browser through the HTML5 video tag.
I need to use mp4 envelop and h264 for as codec.

This pipeline is working in Chrome v18:

gst-launch videotestsrc ! queue ! x264enc ! mp4mux streamable=true fragment-duration=10 presentation-time=true ! queue ! tcpserversink host=localhost port=3000 sync-method=1

using this video tag:

<video src=""http://localhost:3000&quot;">http://localhost:3000" autoplay autobuffer controls preload="metadata" type='video/mp4' ">
    Your browser does not support the VIDEO tag.
</video>

The problem is that Chrome doesn't use gstreamer for decoding. Hence, I tried with webkit (recompilijg it), arora, midori, epiphany and many more. The result is always the same: nothing is shown.

Can anyone help out on the topic?
Thanks in advance.

Gregg