Re: ftp:// handling

On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 10:01 +0100, Guilhem Bonnefille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2011/11/9 Dmitrij D. Czarkoff <czarkoff gmail com>:
> > As everyone might have noticed, the ftp:// links aren't supported in
> > Epiphany. Is there any way to set an external URI handler for them
> > either in Epiphany or in GNOME? Does GNOME infrastructure have the URI
> > handler settings? Does Epiphany support it?
>
> I have the same problem. More surprisingly, GNOME correctly handles
> ftp (or at least, nautilus can do the job, when Epiphany fails).
>
> Keep us informed if you find some solution.

Effectively to avoid wrangling various source files of GNOME
infrastructure and Epiphany I would kindly ask for some insight about
how the protocols handling is supposed to be configured and to work in
GNOME, so that I could have something to base my further investigation
on.

I would love to write and submit a patch and maintain it until it gets
included into Epiphany, but I just don't want to do enormous work of
searching this functionality in GNOME infrastructure, as I currently
believe that there are people who can kndly point me to the right place.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff