ftp:// handling

Hello!

As everyone might have noticed, the ftp:// links aren't supported in
Epiphany. Is there any way to set an external URI handler for them
either in Epiphany or in GNOME? Does GNOME infrastructure have the URI
handler settings? Does Epiphany support it?

P.S.: Sorry for cross-posting, I don't know the proper list for that, as
a question may have a solution in either place.
P.P.S.: I know about the corresponding bugs in Epiphany bugzilla, but
they don't give enough info about the problem and I don't want to
pollute them with discussion.
P.P.P.S.: I'm not on list, please include me in TO or CC.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff